Do you want to play your custom games with an Xbox or PS4 controller on your Mac or Windows computer? Map input to buttons and joystick axes in the Input Manager and in C# for more responsive, fun games.
Scott helps you tackle the intricacies of controlling third-person and ai-driven characters in Unity, from character creation and rigging in free DCC apps to animator components, controllers and custom scripting in Unity.
Cinemachine & Post-Process Effects
Configure a Cinemachine FreeLook camera rig for use with third-person player characters. Use Cinemachine extensions to control camera collision with objects and configure advanced post-processed camera effects.
No experience with Unity or character creation is required.
All of the required software in this course is available for free.
In addition to characters, learn a ton about Unity in this course.
In-depth course with total video runtime at 6 hours 14 minutes.
- Using Autodesk's Character Generator
- Creating characters with Adobe Fuse
- Auto-rigging with Adobe Mixamo
- Importing an Autodesk character into Adobe Mixamo
- Exploring commercial rigged and animated characters
- Importing and setting up an architectural model
- Importing a character into Unity
- Combining texture maps in Photoshop
- Shaders and render modes for eyes and eyelashes
- Configuring hair material and texture maps
- Controlling the character with scripts and components
- Integrating a death animation into controller
- Bringing in a new character
- Using legacy characters
- Using high quality commercial characters
- Using the Cinemachine collider extension
- Commercial animated stationary characters
- Getting agents to climb stairs
- Stopping the NPC and killing the Player
- Differentiating between victory and defeat in code
- Mapping the Fire2 axis to run
Experience Scott's high-quality, high-impact course in time-released lessons (one chapter per week), which keeps you engaged without feeling overwhelmed.
Most of the course consists of Scott's screen-captured HD 1080p quality videos (with subtitles in English, French & Spanish) that you watch and then practice what is explained on your own.
You can ask questions and comment using the course's built-in discussion group.
Each course comes with scheduled group coaching webinars (using zoom.us) every few months or so where students can interact with Scott in live chat. Enrolled students will periodically receive emails with weekend webinar dates. If you miss one, catch the next webinar when it is scheduled.
Video player allows you to speed up or slow down playback to suit your optimal learning rate.
*Course and webinar access expires after one year from the date of enrollment.
$74.99Humanoid Characters in Unity